Friday, August 22, 2014

Love vs. Love (Part 1)


Hello Honey,

I would ask how you are doing but I know you are just perfect.  You are resting in the arms of our Heavenly Father with a new healed body.  I wanted to talk to you for a moment because since you left my life has changed drastically and if I don't get this out I am afraid of what will happen. 

Do you remember when we first met, I sure do.  You were in church and the first thing I noticed was your beautiful curly hair. What I didn't know then was although we had not officially met our paths had crossed many times. It was only a matter of time before I got to know you. It's as if there was an actual planned time and place in our journey for us to meet.

I had just returned to NJ after a life tsunami hit and felt lost and alone.  God knew just what I needed and it was you.  For the next 24 years we built a relationship that was amazing.  You loved me when I couldn't love myself. When you held me in your arms I felt safe.  You never lied, or deceived me in any way.  Together we built a friendship, marriage, family, and a business with a love that many only dream about.  You made me know true love was real and I could have it too.  When I gave you all of me you treated me like I was a priceless treasure. Thank you.

The day God took you home, I died that day as well, the emptiness I felt from the pain of losing you cannot be described in words. A friend told me today, you will never get over it, you will just learn how to live with it. This will not and has not been easy or even understandable. Lost and alone I tried to pick up the pieces of my life and keep going. Honey you won't believe what happened next. I don't believe it and I was there.  What followed is not a happy story. But at least I had one with you.

Keep looking out for me I will see you soon.

I Love You Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment